We are a 3rd Party Agency NOT affiliated with IRS/Federal/State/Local Government. 

Reseller's  Permit


What is a Reseller's  Permit

A Reseller's permit is called "Reseller's ," because you can Resell e.g., merchandise you bought tax free (wholesale) and collect sales tax from your retail sales  so you can eventually turn these sums of sales tax to the state.  In addition, it functions as a wholesale permit or a seller's permit ( they are all the same license) so you can buy merchandise or anything that is subject to Reseller's tax without paying wholesale. It is another name for sales tax ID or seller's permit.  If you obtain one, you will be able to buy wholesale by issuing a resale certificate with the wholesale tax number to wholesale suppliers as well as sell retail, collect sales tax and remit it quarterly to the state. 

Reseller's permit vs. business permit?

A business permit is generally  a business tax registration that the government issues and allows you to operate your business in your type of business, in your county, city, and state.

Which type of permit you will need and the requirements vary depending on the state however, in 99% of the cases, all businesses need a business permit also called a business license, business tax registration, or home occupation permit.

Why Does The Government Requires a Business Permit? 

In addition to a flat annual fee ( usually about $50) a
business permit is required because  public health can be an issue with the business ( e.g., restaurant).

How do I know which business permit I need?

When you purchase the service from us, we obtain the one that fits your type of business. In fact, if you are a home business and you need both an home occupation permit and a busines permit, we obtain both for you for the price of one. 

Is a business license same as an LLC? 

An LLC is the business tax structure of the business and determines your liability and tax consequenses whereas a business permit give you the right to operate your type  of business at its location and jurisdiction.  

Keep in mind a business permit is not specific to what you do, as for example a liquor permit.  A business permit is a general business permit.

What happens if I do not have a business permit?

You will be fined and forced to obtain one otherwise the government will not let you operate your business.

We can find the applications, fill them out and register them for you in most cases.   

Here is what we will do for you:  

We will find out the exact permit you need, we will comlete it and file it.  
We will find out exactly if you need to pay any taxes in advance ( normally, anywhere from $0 to $50 but can be more). of the license, permit, and tax registration applications that need to be completed.

In addition to a general business permit, here are the most usual required business permits:
State tax ID number ( could be a state EIN or a sales tax ID)
Liquor licenses
Health department permits ( most of the time this is part of the general business permit)
State occupational Permit
Reseller's Permit ( seller's permit)
Business operations permit ( mainly same as the general business permit)
Zoning and land use permits ( that is unusual unless it is a new building)
Fire and police department permit ( only for brick and mortar stores)
Sales tax permit ( same as a seller's permit)
Wholesale permit ( seller's permit). 


Obtain all business permits here online.

How It Works

Submit a Form

Submit a form with your business information.

Select Permits

Select the permits you need.

Check Out

Submit the form and pay for the services.

We Will Obtain Them

We will obtain the permit and mail and or email them to you. 

Business Permit

All business permit also called a  license, business tax registration or home occupation permit.

Seller's Permit

All wholesalers, retailers and wholesale buyers need a seller's permit.  


An LLC is an legal entity structure.  It will protect both your personal and business assets.


Users of a trade name, must register the name with a Doing Business As,  (DBA) certificate.  

What Do I Need to Start My Business?

First, if you using a trade name, you need to register, it. Then, your businesses must obtain a business license, and an EIN.  When registering the name, you also choose the business structure because.  

What Licenses?

Anyway, you need to select legal structure as a sole propr., partnership, or LLC, Corp. Legal structure selection requires a certificate filing. For example, an LLC requires an LLC articles of organization certificate.

How Much & How Long Does It Take?

DBA obtainment is $39 plus state fee, Seller's Permit $39, and LLC/Corp. is $49 plus state filing fees.Most filings are done on the same day or about 1-3 days.  To see LLC and Corp. click here. 

How Can I Learn More?

You can take a short quiz and it will tell you what you need to register your business.  Click on the "Quiz" link at the top of the page.

Where and How to obtain the permits

You can obtain all the permits here. As a business, you will need at least a business permit, an EIN permit, a seller's permit if you are buying /  selling wholesale or selling retail, a state EIN if you are hiring and an LLC, DBA, or Corporation if you want to become a corporate entity or simply register your assumed trade firm name.

How Do I obtain a business permit for my small business?  

You need to know the requirements first. For example, there are permits on the federal, state, county and city levels.  For instance, hygiene related businesses must go thru the county while others thru the state only or the city. Still others, they may have to have federal permitting.  Finally, keep in mind that home and online businesses need permits. 

Learn more about the different permits

When starting a business and getting permits, you need to know how to fill out the business permit application.  For example, some businesses must select the type of structure when filling out the permit application.  Being a home business may require you to get a home occupation permit and or a business permit.  

Legal info & Disclaimer: 

We are a 3rd Party Agency NOT affiliated with IRS/Federal/State/Local Government. Your may obtain these for less or no charge from the governement.

Bizpermit.com provides services to file and obtain legal govrnment documents including Federal Tax Identification Numbers from the IRS as well as other state and federal government agencies.

As a "Third Party Designee, filing agent" pursuant to IRS Form SS-4, paid prepares and submits applications for an Employer Identification Number ("EIN") to the IRS as a representantive of our clients. Bizpermit.com does not verify EIN application submissions and is not responsible for the accuracy of the information provided. Any individual may obtain and submit his or her own EIN application at no cost through the official IRS website at www.irs.gov.

Use of this website does not make you a client, or a prospective client, of Bizpermit.com makes no warranties or representations, express or implied, regarding the information on this website. Bizpermit.com is not liable for any and all damages resulting from the use of, reference to, or reliance on information provided on this website.

It is provided only for general informational purposes and does not constitute legal or accounting advice of any kind. For convenience, this website may contain links to third-party websites. BusinessLicense.info does not control, endorse, or assume responsibility for the nature, content, accuracy, and availability of such websites.

Bizpermit.com does not guarantee availability of Website and is not responsible for temporary unavailability due to technical issues. is not a law firm and does not offer legal advice or recommendations.

Communications with Bizpermit.com are not protected by attorney-client privilege in any way. If you or another person needs legal assistance must contact an attorney or law firm licensed in his or her jurisdiction.  

© Copyright 1999-2021 bizpermit.com - All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to give you the best experience. Read our cookie policy.