We are a 3rd Party Agency NOT affiliated with IRS/Federal/State/Local Government. 

We are a 3rd Party Agency NOT affiliated with IRS/Federal/State/Local Government. 


(A multipurpose federal tax ID from all businesses)

 If you are an employer, you need both a federal EIN and a State Empoyer ID  ( State EIN ). 


As  opposed to a state EIN, which the EIN corresponds in part to it, the Federal EIN has several functions - the state EIN only has one function: the function  for reporting employement withholding taxes to the state.   

The EIN, however, is a business income tax identification number, a business ID, an employer ID, independent and sole owner businesses ID, and a corporation ID as well as a nonprofit and other organization's ID. An EIN is not the same as the state employer ID number?

An EIN is a Federal ID that serves many purposes, which among them, a purpose as an employer ID but it is also a business tax ID and a corporation ID. On the other hand, a State EIN is used solely for employement tax reporting.


In general, all businesses except indepentent contractors that receive less than $600 in an entire year from a single client. Apply online here.


Step 1—Do You Need an EIN

If your business employs workers, withholds taxes on the wages and salaries, the federal government requires you to obtain an EIN number. 

You are also required to obtain one if you are an indepedent contractore receiving more than $600 per year from any one client as well as if you are an LLC, Corporation or partnership or non profit organization.

Step 2—Apply for a EIN

You can apply for your EIN by fax, phone or mail; however,  you can also submit you State EIN application online on our site. When you do, you can receive your  EIN on the same day unless it is  a weekend.

Step 3—Answer a few questions

The first question requires you to select the type of business structure such as a sole proprietorship, corporation, LLC, or partnership.

You will need to answer that you are an employer and the form also  requests your name and Social Security number before you can finish your application.

How It Works

Submit a Form

Submit a form with your business information.

Select Permits

Select the permits you need.

Check Out

Submit the form and pay for the services.

We Will Obtain Them

We will obtain the permit and mail and or email them to you. 

Business Permit

All business permit also called a  license, business tax registration or home occupation permit.

Seller's Permit

All wholesalers, retailers and wholesale buyers need a seller's permit.  


An LLC is an legal entity structure.  It will protect both your personal and business assets.


Users of a trade name, must register the name with a Doing Business As,  (DBA) certificate.  

What Do I Need to Start My Business?

First, if you using a trade name, you need to register, it. Then, your businesses must obtain a business license, and an EIN.  When registering the name, you also choose the business structure because.  

What Licenses?

Anyway, you need to select legal structure as a sole propr., partnership, or LLC, Corp. Legal structure selection requires a certificate filing. For example, an LLC requires an LLC articles of organization certificate.

How Much & How Long Does It Take?

DBA obtainment is $39 plus state fee, Seller's Permit $39, and LLC/Corp. is $49 plus state filing fees.Most filings are done on the same day or about 1-3 days.  To see LLC and Corp. click here. 

How Can I Learn More?

You can take a short quiz and it will tell you what you need to register your business.  Click on the "Quiz" link at the top of the page.

Where and How to obtain the permits

You can obtain all the permits here. As a business, you will need at least a business permit, an EIN permit, a seller's permit if you are buying /  selling wholesale or selling retail, a state EIN if you are hiring and an LLC, DBA, or Corporation if you want to become a corporate entity or simply register your assumed trade firm name.

How Do I obtain a business permit for my small business?  

You need to know the requirements first. For example, there are permits on the federal, state, county and city levels.  For instance, hygiene related businesses must go thru the county while others thru the state only or the city. Still others, they may have to have federal permitting.  Finally, keep in mind that home and online businesses need permits. 

Learn more about the different permits

When starting a business and getting permits, you need to know how to fill out the business permit application.  For example, some businesses must select the type of structure when filling out the permit application.  Being a home business may require you to get a home occupation permit and or a business permit.  

Legal info & Disclaimer: 

We are a 3rd Party Agency NOT affiliated with IRS/Federal/State/Local Government. Your may obtain these for less or no charge from the governement.

Bizpermit.com provides services to file and obtain legal govrnment documents including Federal Tax Identification Numbers from the IRS as well as other state and federal government agencies.

As a "Third Party Designee, filing agent" pursuant to IRS Form SS-4, paid prepares and submits applications for an Employer Identification Number ("EIN") to the IRS as a representantive of our clients. Bizpermit.com does not verify EIN application submissions and is not responsible for the accuracy of the information provided. Any individual may obtain and submit his or her own EIN application at no cost through the official IRS website at www.irs.gov.

Use of this website does not make you a client, or a prospective client, of Bizpermit.com makes no warranties or representations, express or implied, regarding the information on this website. Bizpermit.com is not liable for any and all damages resulting from the use of, reference to, or reliance on information provided on this website.

It is provided only for general informational purposes and does not constitute legal or accounting advice of any kind. For convenience, this website may contain links to third-party websites. BusinessLicense.info does not control, endorse, or assume responsibility for the nature, content, accuracy, and availability of such websites.

Bizpermit.com does not guarantee availability of Website and is not responsible for temporary unavailability due to technical issues. is not a law firm and does not offer legal advice or recommendations.

Communications with Bizpermit.com are not protected by attorney-client privilege in any way. If you or another person needs legal assistance must contact an attorney or law firm licensed in his or her jurisdiction.  

© Copyright 1999-2021 bizpermit.com - All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to give you the best experience. Read our cookie policy.